It's been one heck of a year but by making merry together we can keep the earth on its axis!
Come celebrate with us over a winter feast of delicious home-made snacks and desserts loving made by Caspian chef Hanif Sadr of Komaaj and chef Sycamore. Enjoy Alembique magic floral water, organic Samovar-brewed teas, and Alembique's infamous mulled elderberry wine, a sinister potion derived from a 16th century herbal recipe that Circe herself would have approved.
The wonderful Corey Mason of KECG's OneWorld radio show will spin a few heart thumping and booty shaking sounds for us to warm our winter bones.
The event is free with reservation. A donation of $25 will help cover our costs and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Youth Spirit Awards which empowers Berkeley's low-income and homeless youth.
15% off of most purchases on this day only.
Pre-order your unique and heavenly organic gifts for your kitchen, skin and hair, body and health. Email us in advance with your specific needs and we will respond with suggestions that you and/or your gifted one will love.
♥ALEMBIQUE GIFT CERTIFICATES♥
It’s now even easier to offer the wonderful all-natural healing experience of Alembique Apothecary to some one you care about. Email us with your full name, the gift amount, full name name of recipient, recipient’s address, any message and we will mail or email a paper or pdf gift certificate to the lucky recipient of your choice. The certificate, valid for 6 months, can be used for products and workshops and includes a 10% discount offer on purchases of herbs, teas and spices.
- Steam-distilled rare Rose & Jasmine Oils Wild-crafted and traditionally steam-distilled, from small village farms.
- Organic Aromatic Distillates (the embodiment of the maxim “only wear on your skin what you can drink!”) including healing distillates of chamomile, comfrey, dandelion, sage, jasmine, peppermint, mullein and helichrysum.
- Fresh Organic Tinctures including eleuthero, schisandra, yarrow and California poppy.
- Organic Medicated Oils including heal-all, frankincense, arnica, St. John’s Wort, witchhazel, comfrey, olive leaf, turmeric and rosemary.
- Healing Handcrafted Products including St. Rose and St. Jasmine Healing Perfume Balms, Sore Away Balm, and Cardamom, Avocado & Shea Body Butter.
- World’s Best Face and Eye Creams including St. John’s Wort Luscious Face Cream, Royal Primrose Face Cream, and Amarys Rose Eye & Face Creme.
- World’s Best Oral Health Toothpowder with white oak bark, pomegranate peel, propolis and spirulina.
- World’s Best Ingredients including the highest grade of Persian saffron, rose buds, organic red and green rooibos, honeybush, helichrysum, reishi, and freshly harvested Wakame and Kobu from Bolinas.
- Gorgeous Palm-oil free Handmade Soap Bars that cleanse and heal by Haley Ferreira.
- Freshly Picked-to-order Organic Herbs and Roots from our family of local organic farms including calendula, English thyme, Greek Mountain Tea, lavender, sage and milk thistle.
- Organic Tea Blends like Rose & Cardamom Breakfast Tea, Lovers’ Tea, Happy Skin & Liver, Breathe, Becalm and Sleeping Angel blends.
- Raw Alembique Honey, possibly Berkeley’s best honey, a precious seasonal gift from our happy rooftop bees to you.
You are a talented maker and DIYer of natural, healing products. Your salve, cream, lotion, toothpaste, deodorant, tincture or infusion is made with love and intelligence, so it rocks like no other. You love bees…perhaps you even keep them. You can’t get enough of learning about plants, care passionately about the planet, and never tire of helping your community explore natural healing and handcrafted products instead of petrochemical cocktails from petrochemical corporations.
You are exceptionally dependable, patient, flexible, fun and compassionate. You may be a budding or experienced herbalist or simply a practiced maker who thrives in a small team environment and expects generous feedback. Your are organized and tidy, can visualize serving as crew on a small boat, and often manage your and others’ choppy seas with a wicked sense of humor.
Apprentice for a minimum of 20 hours in one month and show us the right stuff, and we will discuss ways you can become part of the Alembique Apothecary experience. For details, email us a one-page statement explaining why you are the right candidate and a one-page resume. If qualified, we will contact you to set up a friendly chat.